Eclispes

Solar Eclipse:
A solar eclipse happens when the Moon passes between the Earth and the Sun. The Moon could block all or most of the Sun’s light from Earth.Solar Eclipse

Lunar Eclipse:
A lunar eclipse occurs when the Sun, Earth, and Moon are aligned (in that order). This causes the Earth to cast a shadow on the Moon.Lunar Eclipse

10 thoughts on “Eclispes

1. Hey Liv

Great work, excellent blog, I love this subject. very impressed with you research, there is actually a great series on over here at the moment called Wonders of the Solar System by Professor Brian Cox you can get to it through the BBC website. I have sentyour dada link to the series as u might be able to watch it on-line.
    great stuff

Ray, Joss, Thea and Reuben in rainy Wales

2. We saw a partial solar eclipse here in Singapore earlier this year. It was a little cloudy, but we could still see part of the sun being blocked out (we wore special glasses of course). It looks like the lunar eclipse on June 26 this year will be partially visible from Vermont… mark your calendar!

3. Livi, I have never known what eclipses are! now that I have your post, I know more! and I am going to be posting shortly about Astrophtography (photos of the night sky and more!) I think you should check it out after I post!

Ashley D

4. Livi,
    I remember learning this last year. It really jogged my memory. I like your blog, and can’t wait to read more. Great post,
    Ashley B.